If you have thought about giving a special touch to the area where you watch television, take into account the suggestions that we offer. The design of these rooms is important to connect with relaxation and entertainment.
The way in which you arrange the furniture, the tones chosen to set the scene, and the general concept of the design influence your behavior. It is convenient to take these aspects into account, even if the space to be embellished is reduced. For example, when decorating the TV wall.
It seems like a simple task, but achieving a pleasant stay has its science. If you want a nice and comfortable room, carefully consider where you will put the television and how to organize the surroundings, so that it is not just an artifact occupying a place.
This is where environmental psychology and interior design come into play. According to an article from the University of the Americas and the Caribbean, lighting, proportions, and acoustics are some of the elements that interact with the person through their senses.
Considerations prior to decorating the TV wall
In the mission to fix the wall that works as a background for the TV, you need to pay attention to details such as light. Have lamps or sconces with dim radiation and at a distance that does not produce reflections. This suggestion is basic; At night, the lack of light forces you to strain your eyes.
Also, consider that there are no windows in front of the device or use opaque curtains, so the flashes do not reach the screen. If the television is far from the reach of sunlight, much better.
As for the wiring, try not to show it, as it spoils the scenery. Hide it in gutters.
Other fundamental points before moving on to the wall decoration are the following:
- Screen size: according to the dimension, place it proportional to the wall.
- Height: Create a focal point that positions the screen at eye level when you sit down. This factor is unavoidable, even if the TV hangs on the wall or rests on a piece of furniture.
- Viewing distance: between the device and the viewer, a section that goes from ½ meter to 2 meters is pertinent. This length is respectful of perspective and visual health. Now, if the device is very large, increase the distance.
The best tips for decorating the TV wall
There are multiple alternatives to decorate the wall behind the TV. You can put the artifact on a piece of furniture, adapt it to an extendable arm or have a fixed system.
In any case, personalizing the area will make the device integrate with the environment and make the space look tidy. Write down the next ideas to beautify this area.
Opt for simplicity
The minimalist style proposes using a piece of furniture made of light wood and with few elements on the sides. The wall demands neutral tones and there can be no loose cables.
Try different accessories
Bronze balls, plants, and figures are tasteful accessories. Taking into account the aesthetic line of your home, evaluate if it is convenient to paint the wall in a tone or combine it with the decorations. Other accessories, such as mirrors and paintings, transform the appearance of the wall.
Border with stones or bricks
Scaglia stones represent an elegant cladding for the TV wall. Consult the catalogs with suppliers to find the coloration you prefer. The surroundings of the cobblestone add touches of light.
In the same way, the bricks make up a striking facade. If you choose this alternative, incorporate a smooth and clear table.
Play with colors
Color influences human beings and has meanings that transcend their appearance. This is indicated by a text from the Vic School of Art.
Experts report that the ranges exert psychological and physiological effects, causing important impressions and sensations. Study the possibilities of painting the TV wall, taking advantage of the information that we present below:
- Dark tones: dark wood or strong paints stand out on their own. However, it is advisable to place accessories of other colors, because the background will not overload the view.
- Whites: transmit delicacy. In addition, this color contrasts with any other. But if it is to your taste, use all the decorative elements of the furniture in this same palette.
- Other tones: both the furniture and the wall in colorful tones, but well combined, transfer joy. It is key not to overload the space so that it is not shocking.
- Greys: Gray is an ideal tone for the wall and for the floor of the entertainment room. If you want to add another pigment, try the gold or metallic ones at the artifact desk.
Frame the device
This solution is traditional. Set the TV in a simple, interesting color profile frame. This is a favorable option for fixtures attached to walls.
Stand out with vinyl
Vinyl is in fashion. It is an economical and versatile adhesive that enlivens the appearance of the wall behind the TV.
Best of all, you customize the design. Paste it around or towards a corner of the wall.
Add elegance with wood and metal
Putting wood and metal together completely overhauls any boring wall. The decorative elements made with these materials fit in with all styles without minimizing their prominence.
Decorate the TV wall or camouflage the device inside a modern piece of furniture.
There is an extra resource to set up the TV room and that is to upload it to a corner type of furniture. As long as it is in good taste, this utensil is recommended, since by itself it decorates the area, especially if it is small.
Likewise, you find furniture in which you “hide” the television; you slide the doors only when you want to enjoy the screen. These shelves are one of the most sought-after to camouflage the artifact while you are not using it.