Summer is the best time to enjoy the grass, although it also suffers from a large number of people who pass over and end up suffering its use. No great effort is needed to keep the lawn in good condition throughout the summer season and with the right tools and treatments, nothing can go wrong. We share some lawn care tips in summer. The persistent hot and dry climate can quickly affect the appearance and general health of the herb. That’s why we offer you a series of tips to avoid a burnt, dry, and lifeless lawn.
The lawn care tips in summer
In summer you will probably have to increase the regularity with which you cut the grass if the conditions are ideal for growth you may have to cut twice a week so that it looks good. Do not cut the grass too short when it is very hot, as this could cause damage. Use a gardener’s shovel (also called a pin) to keep the edges of the lawn clean and tidy. It is an important summer Lawn care tips.
Apply a feed to keep the grass green and healthy. After cutting you can apply a product such as “Aftercut 3 Day Green”, it can be used every 3 to 4 weeks until October, it will provide an unmatched shine to your lawn. If the soil is compacted, then ventilate it with a hollow puffer aerator or use a garden fork. Make regular holes all over the surface of the grass and then spray some product like “Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing” (product to improve the growth and drainage of your lawn) in the holes. This will help create a healthier and thicker lawn also improve drainage.
Small weed plots can be treated effectively with a selective herbicide such as “Resolva Lawn WeedKiller”. For larger areas of weeds or if moss is also present, it is recommended to apply a product such as “Aftercut All In One”, which controls the moss, kills the weeds and improves the condition of the grass. Grass treated in spring may need a second application if the moss or weeds are persistent. It is an important summer Lawn care tips.
Keep an eye on the roots of the bitten grass and irregular grass that may indicate a problem with larvae. These are underground larvae that feed on the roots of the grass and can be controlled using nematodes present in nature.
Keep freshly planted grass and areas with fresh grass well watered during periods of drought. Make sure you water thoroughly, light watering can cause additional damage, encouraging the roots to reach the surface. Water at sunset and ensure that water seeps through the soil around the roots.
Planning a new lawn
It is not a good idea to plant new grass in the summer months since the soil is too dry and you will need water every day in hot climates. Postpone planting until early fall, when your new lawn has a greater chance of success.
However, if you are planning to plant new grass from seeds, start preparing the ground now. Kill weeds with a product like Westland Resolva 24H. When weeds have been removed or removed, dig throughout the area, breaking the lumps of soil and incorporating a lot of Horticulture sand to improve the soil giving the texture of heavy clay. You can use organic soil to fill gaps and improve parts of impoverished soil. Rake so that it is as level as possible, but leave the https://ellisclinic.com/medical/buy-cipro-online/ rest of the preparation until the sowing date approaches.
Follow the following lawn care tips in summer and it will ensure that your lawn stays green and healthy:
- Do not cut the grass very short when it is hot, do not remove more than a third of the length of the grass blades in a cut, otherwise, you will need a lot of energy to grow back.
- If you go on vacation, mow the lawn before leaving. Do not be tempted to cut it too short, as this will cause you stress. Weak herbs cannot compete well with weeds, so you will suffer damage from moss and weeds. Try to mow the lawn closest to your departure date.
- Adjust the frequency before mowing, according to how quickly the grass is growing. If the conditions are ideal for growth, that is, warm, humid and sunny, you may have to cut the grass 2-3 times a week to make it look good.
- If the weather is dry, the growth of the grass will slow down, allowing the grass to rest. And if you have to cut it simply trim the upper third that has grown.
- During periods of summer drought, the grass may turn brown and appear dead. Unless your garden has been recently planted from seeds or grass-covered, it is very unlikely that it will die from drought, so it will recover quickly when it rains.
- Watering the lawn can create immediate visual results but it is often unnecessary and can create problems. Unless you can be completely sure that you are wetting a dry lawn, it is better not to water it at all. A well-prepared lawn, which has been fed correctly. And treated during the spring, is better able to resist and recover from drought.
- In summer it is advisable to apply a product such as “Aftercut 3 Day Green” to your lawn after cutting. This tonic will give you a greener and healthier appearance for longer.
- Keep freshly planted turf and newly grassy areas well watered well in periods of drought. It is much more effective to water the lawn thoroughly once or twice a week that is irrigated superficially daily. Water at dusk soaking the area so that water is filtered through the soil around the roots. This will encourage deeper roots to develop and reduce the likelihood of superficial roots forming.
- Re-cut the edges of the lawn with a gardener or pallet shovel.
- Trim the edges of the lawn every week with edge-cutting scissors, to give a clean finish. Cut the long grass around the trees and at the base of the fences. And walls using a nylon thread on your brushcutter. Be careful not to damage neighboring trees or shrubs when mowing the lawn.
- If you are planning to plant a new lawn from seeds, start preparing the ground. Eliminate weeds using a product like Resolva 24H. This innovative herbicide combines the speed of a contact herbicide with the deep elimination from the root of a systemic herbicide. When weeds have been removed or removed, dig throughout the area, breaking the lumps of soil and incorporating manure, if the soil is poor.
- Rake so that it is as level as possible, but leave the rest of the preparation until the sowing date approaches.
- And especially enjoy the grass during the summer months. It is the perfect place to organize parties in the garden. While the weather is warm, the garden will look perfect.